Feb 23, 2008

Awards Shows

I mentioned earlier that Wil Smith won an "academy award" - and that was the West Point award... so it wasn't a lie, just not the whole story.

Well this is fact - Lindsay Lohan and Eddie Murphy have taken 11 of 12 Golden Raspberry Awards - AKA the Razzies - for "I Know Who Killed Me" and "Norbit" They just missed a clean sweep - but failed at that too, because neither was a sequel or prequel.

Okay - Norbit was SO BAD that Eddie "won" for worst Actor and Supporting Actor in this sh*tfest!

And I love this -
Lohan won two worst actress awards for playing twins in I Know Who Killed Me, in a film that was named the worst of the year.

She also won worst screen couple for a scene in which she appears opposite herself in the tale about psychically linked siblings stalked by a serial killer.

I Know Who Killed Me, a total bomb with only $9m worldwide box office, won eight of nine Raspberries for which it was nominated, breaking a record of seven wins previously held by Showgirls and Battlefield Earth.

Let me repeat that. Let this sink in. I Know Who Killed Me is now officially WORSE than Showgirls AND Battlefield Earth. Therefore, I do believe, it is now the worst film in the modern era.

The following is a list of this year's Razzie winners:

Worst Picture: I Know Who Killed Me
Worst Actor: Murphy in Norbit
Worst Actress (tie): Lohan as twin sisters Aubrey and Dakota in I Know Who Killed Me
Worst Supporting Actress: Murphy in Norbit
Worst Supporting Actor: Murphy in Norbit
Worst Screen Couple: Lohan & Lohan in I Know Who Killed Me
Worst Remake or Rip-off: I Know Who Killed Me, based on several films
Worst Prequel or Sequel: Daddy Day Camp
Worst Director: Chris Siverston for I Know Who Killed Me
Worst Screenplay: Jeffrey Hammond for I Know Who Killed Me
Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie (New Category): I Know Who Killed Me.

No comments: