Feb 27, 2008

Life and Death

Hello my friends.

Long Time. I was unable to post for a while but am back and ready to go. I have some very sad news and some very happy news. Even though I probably should not combine, I will.

Monday February 11th, Cassius Clay, my dog of almost twelve years, passed away of a heart attack. For those not in the know, Cassius was my best friend and companion for over a decade. He was born in an apartment on Buckingham place while I was babysitting my roommates dog. He was always a ladies dog and the reason my (to be later) wife first talked to me. She thought it was cute that I walked my dog in my breast pocket. After being too chicken to ask her out, I enlisted his help and he landed me the most special woman I have known.

He was an extraordinary ball catcher, frisbee dog, swimmer, treat catcher, and lover. He was a traveller that especially loved North Carolina and Tennessee.

On Monday morning Cassius had a heart attack. I was able to bring him back once with mouth to snout resuscitation. We took him to the Emergency Vet where he suffered his second and final attack. Anyone that met him knows how much of a loss that was for our family. I was about to fill you in when I could type without crying when . . .

Friday February 22 at 5:33PM Lilliana Lee, my first child and "cutest baby ever" was born. My wife and I were at the hospital for her birth and are now foster parents in the process of adopting her. She is precious and instantly filled the absence that Cassius left and then some. In order not to harass you in a blog that is generally not always the most family friendly (and to avoid any social worker having any doubts of my parenting because of opinions I may hold) I have a second blog that is merely pictures of her. If you would like to see them, they are here.

This past month has seen my life change quite a bit. In a few short days I have discovered some of the most frightening and shocking things in my little darling's diapers. The baby was home about two hours before we ran upstairs to our neighbors (with young daughter) to make sure some of these diaper issues were normal. Shockingly, they were.

For you ass-clowns that think it is funny to tell me how you are going to date my daughter (which I, too, thought was funny until Friday) please note you will be about 60 when she is legal. And you are ugly. Just saying . . .

Now, you are stuck with me again. I am back. And this baby does sleep. Oh, how the baby sleeps. Plenty of time for me to comment on why McCain can bite me and why the most common middle name of serial killers is Wayne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a wild ride.

Funny how when you used to talk about a bodily function it was the drunk puke, now it is the baby poop.