Feb 25, 2008

Oscar Pool

I won the Oscar pool last night - which is why I never told you who I was going to pick.
The real reason I won, though, was for the Bourne categories... which were editing, sound and sound.

Sound Editing -is an Academy Award granted yearly to a film exhibiting the finest or most aesthetic sound editing or sound design. The award is usually received by the Supervising Sound Editors of the film, perhaps accompanied by the Sound Designers.

Sound Mixing - is an Academy Award that recognizes the finest or most euphonic sound mixing or recording, and is generally awarded to the production sound mixers and re-recording mixers of the winning film.

I'm sure that's cleared up now.

And I haven't been more proud of the Academy Awards. It was short, sweet, and they awarded the best picture of the year! No Country for Old Men. Juno only got the one award for the best screenplay - mostly because the dirty old men of the Academy wanted to see a stripper.

No comments: