Jan 25, 2008

Clinton & Rezco


Today Show host Matt Lauer blindsided Hillary Clinton this morning with this photo. (link)
Matt was all kissy-kissy, but seemed to be in a rush in the interview. If you have a second, you should watch it for yourself.

Then he threw this picture up. The Hill paused a second to catch her breath, and belted out a rehearsed answer.

"I don't know the man. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the door. I don't have a 17-year relationship with him," Clinton said, referring to her charge that Barack Obama, a rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, has a longstanding relationship with Rezko.

My favorite part in all this is that she and Bill have taken money from anyone with a checkbook. Especially indited criminals. Their most recent scandal was their friend and party fundraiser Norman Hsu. (link)

I guess this is a case of "Takes one to Know One?"

BTW - added the logo there in-case anyone wants to post that picture on any message boards today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She says she doesn't know him... yet is specific of the number of years she DIDN'T have a relationship. Hmm... oxymoronic and self-incriminating! Oi Hillary!

Anonymous said...

I find it ironic that while she certainly knew 'Rezko' in terms of using him to attack Obama, she notes: "I don't know the man. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the door." What? Don't tell me you suddenly forgot who he was after you tried pinning it on him...?