Aug 13, 2007

That's Hardball!!

Judging by the ratings, I am pretty sure I am the only one that still tunes into Chris Matthews' show with any sort of regularity. Last Friday could have been the oddest show in political history.

Chris was discussing China's exports with Erin Burnett, who although attractive (that comes into play in a moment), is no thinker. I normally half listen to the show because I do things around the house until Keith Olberman comes on but I heard this quote:
I think people should be careful what they wish for on China -- you know, if China were to revalue its currency, or China is to start making, say, toys that don't have lead in them, or food that isn't poisonous, their costs of production are going to go up. And that means prices at Walmart, here in the United States, are going to go up too. So, I would say China is our greatest friend right now.
This is not the odd part of the show but it is one that I would like to parse because I don't think I get it. Erin, I believe, is saying that we should stop our bitching (Cap'n, she's looking at you) about China's product quality. So, if whiney-pants like us got what we wanted - namely, food without poison and toys without lead - Walmart would be a more expensive place to shop. But since they are not doing that and there is still poison in the food and lead in children's toys they are now our greatest friend. And. She wasn't kidding.

Then Chris Matthews has the most awkward moment in TV history. Thanks to these helpful tubes that are the internets we can all take a look:



So if you are a good looking guest you are allowed to spout insanity as long as you give Chris a peek. Just a peek

2 comments:

Capn said...

It reminds me of Broadway Joe Namath on the sidelines with ESPN reporter Suzy Kolber.

Ah, now THAT's awkward sexual harassment!

Capn said...

BTW - I said the market would punish China, but looks like that bullet to the head might have taken the subject to the next level.