Aug 8, 2007

Combining Posts is more efficent

Barack Obama is 0-3 this week, as he dodged a question about Barry Bonds.

A merging of two sports, politics and baseball. Lucky for me, writing a blog entry about both items saves time!

Here's what the Senator said when asked if he'd honor Bonds at an Obama White House:

"First of all, he’s still gotta hit one more, and it’s been taking a while. I had the opportunity to meet Hank Aaron just this past weekend. It reminded me of what sports should be, and that is something that young people can look up to.

"Now, Barry Bonds is a remarkable baseball player, and I honor his achievement. But I hope that all of us are focused on making sure that sports is something that kids can look up to, not something that they start feeling cynical about. We’ve got enough cynicism in politics without having cynicism in our sports teams as well.”

When Olbermann (the moderator) followed up and asked him if that was that a yes or no, Obama offered, “Like I said, he hasn’t done it yet, so we’ll answer the question when he does.”

If you think that was a base on balls, I'd disagree and say it was a strike-out.
Bonds, then hit his homerun, and Hank Aaron gave a little video address to Barry. Which was nice. I'd post it here, but if you care, you've seen it already.

Anyhow - I don't care that Obama is dodging questions. It's fascinating that he doesn't have an opinion on the issue. And he's getting his guts pulled out by Hillary right now, who's taking every word that comes out of the man and handing it back to him with spikes and pointy edges. Really, it's just an opportunity for me to put Bonds and Obama n the labels section.

No comments: