Aug 2, 2007

Lolla '07

We know it must be the dog days of summer. Baseball is in full swing, grills barely cool off before the next use and music festivals sweep the country. This weekend brings Lollapalooza to Chicago for the third year as a stand-alone fest. I, once again, will be in attendance.

This year's crop of A-list bands have me less excited than the A-listers in the past. Instead of Weezer, Ween, and the Pixies I get Pearl Jam, Daft Punk and Iggy Pop. However, this year's secondary bands are the best yet. Electric Six (Punk / Disco), Tapes 'n' Tapes (my current fave album), Cold War Kids (Hipster Rock), Modest Mouse, Snow Patrol, the list goes on.

Each of the three years has gotten better. The first year there was some sound bleeding through from stage to stage. They fixed that last year but in turn we got some serious walking between stages and no time to walk it. This year I have noticed that they have added a few stages between the main stages and have shifted the direction that the stages face so that the sound will not interfere stage to stage.

I will have a review after the weekend. If I am sober enough I will try to give nightlies but I would not hold my breath. In the meantime here are a few videos of the bands I look forward to seeing. If any of you are going, I will 100% be at the Electric Six that first day. I will see you there.

Electric Six




Tapes 'N' Tapes




Cold War Kids


No comments: