Aug 9, 2007

And in Music News . . .

  • Amy Winehouse, fresh off of her mediocre show at Lollapalooza, has been discharged from London's University Hospital after an apparent overdose. She received a shot of adrenaline and a stomach pumping before being released. I had a similar situation listening to her last weekend. And involuntary stomach pump and a strong need of some shots.

  • Not to be outdone by the kids, Luciano Pavoratti was also admitted to a hospital on Thursday for undisclosed reasons. Those damn kids got nothing on the greatest generation.

  • On the good news front, Porter Wagoner, a Blasphemes favorite, is making a comeback after leaving a psychiatric hospital. After his gig with the White Stripes he commented, "Dolly was a better bang than Meg." The jury is still out on who had the worse outfit.

  • Not to be outdone by Angelina Jolie, Ricky Martin has started the process to adopt "a child from each continent." A child collection. Like dogs, but they mow the lawn and quit college.

  • Keith Richards would like to clarify the snorting dad's ashes comment that he made in his book. He did NOT mix his dad with cocaine, he only snorted him.

"The cocaine bit was rubbish," he said. "I said I chopped him up like cocaine, not with.

"I pulled the lid off [my father's urn] and out comes a bit of dad on the dining room table," Richards continued. "I'm going, 'I can't use the brush and dustpan for this.

"What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of...y'know, he went down a treat."

No comments: