Oct 14, 2010

'Bandit' Obama billboard

A billboard depicting Barack Obama as an Islamist suicide bomber, a gay and a Mexican bandit has triggered a storm of criticism in a western US city weeks ahead of crucial polls.

The colourful poster of the US president -- under the ironic slogan "Vote DemocRAT" -- is attracting attention from media worldwide and from people clogging a local parking lot for a closer look.

The local Republican Party chairman said the billboard is in bad taste.

Doris Downey, the owner of a company whose parking lot is being invaded by people taking a closer look, is angry that her business is being disrupted.

"I have no problem with freedom of speech, but I do have a problem with causing problems for others, and this is causing problems for us on top of all this," she said.

"I don't know who commissioned that thing, which I think is despicable, but they should own up to it," Downey said. "Anonymous opinion gets no respect from me."

Cap'n's Half Cent... I'll say this much -- Obama plays a lot of villains to a lot of different people... but the left side fringe did the same thing with Bush and Cheney... so I guess it's not racist?

No comments: