Jul 23, 2007

John Edwards: Sexiest Woman Alive

I've been having really bad dreams about John Edwards lately. Nightmares. I've been trying to generate enough clever ideas for a cover story, but it looks like Esquire magazine beat me to it.
I think I should at least fill you in on how these dreams have been playing out.

The quick/quick version of this horror story come down to that I realize that John Edwards is a fraud, and NO ONE else sees through his lies, or worse, they don't even care. Through the night I work my way up to confronting him and his room full of people on what a fraud he is. I'm in front of cameras - live - it's a big deal and it's taken a lot of action sequences to get there. Lot of dead friends and evil minions. I leap out in front of the cameras, I tell the nation that his poverty in America tour and his wife's cancer are all just covers for the second face that hides who he really is and his true agenda.

No one listens. No one cares. Mostly laughs from the live audience.

I'm whisked off stage and taken out by his personal security detail. Not the Secret Service, but hired goons and thugs. Night after night they rough me up fairly well - to the point where I'm breathing, but I'm not talking anymore. That's the order. Finally, Edwards steps on my throat, laughing at my futile attempt to bring him down. It's all in overly scripted super-villain cliche fashion.

I eventually wake from the coma, to see he's the President.
I'm so incapacitated that I'm unable to speak, or warn anyone until the missiles are flying.

Okay, so my nightmare is mostly a rip-off of The Dead Zone and The Final Conflict/AKA The Omen III.
However, now that I have your attention - Damien in The Omen III was played by Sam Niel.

Sam Niel - Damien -, meet John Edwards.

Kind of looks like a prophecy to me, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that a person who is rich is a phony hypocrite if they advocate for the poor/common man etc? Are you saying that only poor people can advocate for other poor people to be genuine? If so then are you in favor of 100% public financing of all candidates at all levels of government? Because I don't see any poor guys running for president right now.

Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Carnegie, Jane Addams, Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt, John,Robert, and Ted Kennedy, among scores of others would be considered phony hypocrites if you take the premise that uber stinkin rich dudes are such for advocating for the poor because they are uber stinkin rich.

I am not writing in favor of John Edwards, far from it. But I think it is intellectually dishonest to call his motives into question based soley on his asset level. The history of philanthropy and assistance to the poor in this country is at odds with that idea.

If you want to hate him for something, how about for being too stupid to realize that GW Bush is totally full of crap when he voted in favor of the AUMF? I'd be pretty worried a president who willingly bought that lemon.