Oct 11, 2009

Tale of Two Paintings...

Okay, first we start with this...

Wow, creepy right? Well, hang on, true believers...

Here's what inspired the gorefest above us. Here's the original 'One Nation Under God' - and (if you dare to follow the link) you can move your mouse over each person to see 'their symbolic' purpose in the painting. It's not symbolic - it's a literal interpretation... but I really don't want to get into a pissing match about the Thomas Kincaidyness of 'Under God.' I'll just quote George Carlin, "Symbols are for symbol people."

For me, the crying Supreme Court justice, the Hollywood Exec and the 'liberal reporter' are the icing on this turd cake.

1 comment:

Cthulhu said...

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Ftagn!



I would so totally vote/worship/sacrifice for Cthulhu for president.

I mean, how could I not vote for myself?


Where can I find an embiggened version of the first (i.e. cool) painting?