Jul 22, 2008

Tell Zell, I'm Unemployed

Laid-Off Newsmen Take To Blogging About Being Laid-Off Cry-Baby Newsmen

Gnomish, Harley-riding media Methuselah and Tribune Co. boss Sam Zell inspires a TAD bit of resentment amongst his minions, mainly for doing things like laying them all off while cussing them out. But his ex-Tribune employees are now striking back—on a blog! Ooohhhh.... Prepare to be hoisted on the new media petard of broke, grizzled newsmen, Mr. Zell the multimillionaire!

The blog, TellZell.com, what got a sympathy writeup in the NYT this weekend. And while it has some fire in it, it's ultimately a sad relic of the once-mighty newspaper industry. A recent post, for example, contains a bunch of farewell letters from Tribune staffers:

"Perhaps I hid behind the smallness of my cog's place in the big machine here, or the fact that I worked in what is perhaps the best photo journalism department in the nation kept me from feeling too worried, but with the loss of talent over the last year or two and the seeming lack of any vision in regard to the future of true journalism (other then to hold to the cliff's edge for as long as possible), I feel that I need to say something, however insignificant it may be.*" (*yes, it is)

"The Times literally changed my life. I came here as a musician who occasionally wrote and I'm leaving as a guy looking for work as a writer (not that I, the son of a composer, could ever stop being a musician). I'm proud of having contributed to this paper."

This is a fantastic site of crying crybabies who thought that going private was a great idea - and they're actually SURPRISED that they're getting canned... and in the site they're complaining and fearful of all the Strike Breaking IT hard ware coming in to take the rest of their jobs.

(these things are called networked computers, just so you're in on it)

The best part? Its chance of impacting Sam Zell is... well, there's no chance! Bhahahahhahahaaahhahaaaaa HHAHAhahahahahhahhaaaaa!

[TellZell.com]

No comments: