Jun 30, 2008

Catena Ex Situ

Daily wrap-up here at Blasphemes...

As I am bashed all day for Cutting and Pasting a strange report about Bloggers getting marked as spam - by over zealous Obamamaniacs - followed by being bashed by FARK.com (who the hell linked that stupid ass story to FARK.com anyway?)

I get heaping praise from our friends at the Journal of Cartoon Over Analyzations

I, like so many other souls, used to be a huge Simpsons fan. Not only did I hate every chimp I saw, but I also intimately knew and treasured what the extra “B” stood for. In the past several years, though, there’s been a lot of wailing of teeth and apologia and controversy about when and even if The Simpsons got bad. Personally, I don’t need to get into all of the details about why I don’t watch The Simpsons any more. Because Cap’n at Blasphemes has done all the work for me.

The good Cap’n has done a good job codifying the primary reasons why the quality of The Simpsons ain’t what it used to be. (Except: I don’t want to get all post hoc ergo propter hoc up in your face, but the The Simpsons didn’t get bad until after Brad Bird left the show. Just sayin’.) Note that the essay was written before the movie came out.

Why The Simpsons Have Lost Their Way >Catena Ex Situ

Tags: Brad Bird, post hoc ergo propter hoc
Posted in The Simpsons, ex situ | No Comments »
So, at the end of the day... looks like I'm batting .500

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um. Dude?

Am I the only person perplexed by the goofy Latin phrase?

A web search turns up numerous hits, all of them without that phrase on the pages listed.
Am I high, or just not cool enough to know such underground Latin?

Capn said...

Yeah, I'm not smart enough to pretend I know what that means...

And I know I never used that flower-y language ... uh ... ever.