Jun 16, 2006

What happened to my country?

I never thought the day would come. According to this article, it seems that iPods are now more popular than beer on the college campus. Holy crap, can you believe it? Without beer I would have graduated college in four years. Without beer I would have remained my svelte 178 lbs. Without beer I would not have gone to the Rev. Horton Heat show. Beer being second is bad enough but ready for this? Poon-nanny-nanny ain't EVEN ON THE LIST!!! Sex is not "in" amongst 18-22 year olds anymore.

This is an ongoing problem that we have going on in this country. The pussification, as Wil calls it, of the US. Probably brought on by the cry-baby Republicans. That's right, you heard me. If you can't handle licking the Charms' Blow Pop you are not going chew the bubble gum. And smashing the candy with a hammer to get to the gum is cheating.

Had to get that off my chest. In other important news, Screech (Saved by the Bell) might lose his house. Could you give a brother a hand? He was, after all, with Principal Belding the only original cast member in SBTB: The New Class.

Speaking of pussification, I ran into Joe ("Is She Really Going Out with Him") Jackson last night before his show at the Vic. I panicked and made some gurgling sounds but my friend said "Hi, Joe." He did not respond. Good show though. Very good show.

Finally, Bill S., what's the wager for US - Italy? Wine? Art? The corpse of St. Francis? Name it.

Update: Maybe there is hope.

No comments: