Jun 28, 2006

Black Cloud

A former neighbor of mine, Chris, has bad luck. Not some bad luck, CONSTANT bad luck. He was a really nice guy who would doggysit Cassius (four-toed dog) all the time. But make no mistake. The dude was cursed.

For example, he was a huge Red Sox fan. Grew up in Boston and therefore . . . He recently got a new puppy, a Boston Terrier. After Boston won the World Series he named his dog "Johnny Damon". Two weeks later he had to rename the dog "Johnny."

Another time he got a roommate that saved him from eviction. It turns out the roommate would have big, loud, and very gay orgies. My favorite quote during this era was, "I am sick and tired to waking up and my living room smelling like man-ass."

Anyway, this article was discovered by my wife. It is about Chris. It has the Johnny Damon autographed Red Sox jersey story, the getting attacked at Comisky story, and a brand new one I had never heard of.

He drove from Maine to see Boston play some baseball. It was rained out. Here is another choice Chris quote before you run off to read the article.

Then he added, ``It's not really a game is it? It's more like sitting here eating Fenway Franks and talking to you.`

`I guess there's nothing wrong with that. I'd rather talk to you than White Sox fans."

No comments: