Jan 23, 2009

Cubs for Sale... Lovely, Unwinning, Cubs for Sale

Hey, Hey. Someone bought the Cubs.

Ricketts picked to buy Cubs. Narrowly beats out Measles, Mumps and Mark Cuban

Sucker.

"My family and I are Cubs fans," said Tom Ricketts, the family's point person in the Cubs purchase. "We share the goal of Cubs fans everywhere to win a World Series and build the consistent championship tradition that the fans deserve."

Nice words. Neat, tidy. Just what the kids hooked on your
product want to hear.

I want actions, not words, Sir.

I'm still stung from drinking that laced Kool-Aid last season.
I'm thinking that I agree with Hitler's assessment of the Cubs...
I'm thinking that you and your family way over paid for the Cubs, given the current financial environment, and how Sam Zell took your check while wearing a barrel... (you might have wanted to, I don't know, haggle a little?)

Look, Mr. Ricketts, I am touched that you met your wife in the bleacher section. That's sweet. But soon you'll be taking the keys, and you better put your words into action, or I won't be buying your next PR statement or the product on your field.

No comments: