Oct 5, 2008

Problem with Drinking Kool Aid





The problem with drinking the Kool Aid - especially the Cubby Blue kind - is that there's cyanide in it.
Cubs? Bubs? More like the Chokes, or the Chubs.

Like a bad relationship - exactly like an ex-girlfriend who comes back after she dumped then you take her back because "it's going to be different this time, I swear" but then dumps you again. Yeah. That's your Chicago Cubs. Gets you all hot and excited and then leaves you with Blue Balls. Maybe that's why it's "Cubby Blue?"

I knew once I drank the Kool Aid I'd be in for a ride. 97 W's. That was extraordinary. It really did seem different this time...

Frst three games of the post season? Nope. Dumped again.

I hereby declare that I will not actively spend any further dollars or time on their organization. I will not actively try to go see any games in 2009 season. I will not spend one moment listening to Ron "You know this game really comes down to the pitching... and the hitting" Santo. I will not be buying ANY Cubs licensed products, (maybe toilet paper would be an exception?) I won't be checking their progress on the sports page. In fact, I think I'm going to cancel my Tribune subscription too.

No comments: