Oct 1, 2008

Recap Night One

Phillies take Brewers. 3-1.
Cubs fall 7-2 to the Dodgers.
Boston and LA - I'm not going to be able to stay up that late. I'm way too plastered and I'm going to have to sober up to get to the unemployment office tomorrow morning.

I'll lead off with this...

I see that Tony Gwynn's on the Kirby Puckett post-retirement diet plan...

And for those of you who missed it, or tuned out, or had a DVR, or just wouldn't spring for cable to get TBS - God bless... because you missed THIS guy. Look, I think Frank's John Madden was funny when I first heard him do it on XM. Totally original and funny the first time I heard it. Now I want to cock punch the guy who 1) put him on TBS, and 2) thought that this ad should be run every 10 seconds.

In fact, I want to cock punch FOX for not driving enough cash to MLB to broadcast all the games. I fail to see why running Terminator: the Sarah Connor Super Big Time Machine Variety Hour is a better use of money than MLB Baseball. Right. Show me the numbers? Hurry up. What? Oh, they're too busy cancelling their order for more Terminator? Because it's getting killed by Monday Night Football? No kidding?

Night two should be fun too. Bonus. There's a debate that should be set for tuner two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Cubbie Chubbie has turned limp. Totally agree with the TBS coverage. The announcers are horrible. Dick Stockton is a dried up old mummy like McCain and I think Ron Darling might actually be mentally challenged. Doctors should look into that. And Tony Gwynn is a fat Oreo cookie if you get my drift. I'm not sure what teams are working the other 3 series, but the team for the Cubs series need to be drowned in Lake Michigan.