Nov 4, 2011

Faith in a Merciful God?

"My response is that when Creationists talk about God creating every individual species as a separate act, they always instance hummingbirds, or orchids, sunflowers and beautiful things. But I tend to think instead of a parasitic worm that is boring through the eye of a boy sitting on the bank of a river in West Africa, [a worm] that's going to make him blind. And [I ask them], 'Are you telling me that the God you believe in, who you also say is an all-merciful God, who cares for each one of us individually, are you saying that God created this worm that can live in no other way than in an innocent child's eyeball? Because that doesn't seem to me to coincide with a God who's full of mercy'." ~Sir David Attenborough
Was his reply to the question if his observations of the natural world had given him faith in a creator.

For more on River Blindness and where to you can make a difference - follow the link.

Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light and create darkness,
   I bring prosperity and create disaster;
   I, the LORD, do all these things. 

No comments: