Apr 13, 2009

Dead Jeffy

Monday morning comics for you, out there. I know one reader who will get a kick out of this.

And speaking of comics, the Tribune is now down to a single page of comics. I can remember when comics were about six pages, and was awesome. Sure I was younger, and there were better comics - but the Sunday Tribune dumped Lio which was a melding of Calvin and Hobbs and the Far Side. So that's gone. But they're keeping the "Mexican" one called Raising Hector that is drawn by a three year old, and written by a two year old. Go to the link - it's to the Facebook page - the comments were hilarious!

I would say that I'm really into comics on the web - but I just don't want to click on all those links. So I forget. But then there are jems out there that make me wish I'd remember to look more often. Sure there's such things as Penny Arcade - which is okay, but when you stumble upon the Perry Bible Fellowship, you feel that you've found something.


Then there's Garfield minus Garfield.
The concept is, you take out Garfield in a Garfield comic - and it's beyond humor. In order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.



And back to Family Circus - there's a guy who has taken Family Circus images, and paired it - randomly - to a Friedrich Nietzsche quote. The Nietzsche Family Circus.

You got a better one? Give me the links -

1 comment:

NeverMind said...

I love G w/o G. That is just too funny!