Jan 7, 2014

Science vs Religion

SCIENCE: Always doubt / Always question / When challenged Replies with evidence
RELIGION: NO doubt / NO question / When challenged Becomes hostile

Okay, sure, there' s evidence against such a blanket statement found on the internet. I've known quite a few scientists and academics who are curmudgeons. They get openly hostile when their opinions are challenged; some have even developed a reputation for doing so.

I've also known plenty of religious folk with significant doubts and lots of good questions. Anyone can be skeptical or dogmatic about their beliefs.

However, after sitting here and contemplating it for more than a few moments, I don't think I've ever had one of my scientist buddies threaten to blow up the building or toss acid on my face when I showed my impetuousness.

No comments: