Nov 11, 2009

Hello Dad, Happy Birthday. I'm in Jail!

He doesn't rule out jail time, folks.

And I shall furthermore, never use Healthcare and Car Insurance as similarities again, mostly because it's just been poached by the President... and used it to defend the idea of throwing people in JAIL for not purchasing insurance. USA Health Care - the only health care system in the world which puts you in jail...

I had been thinking about my car insurance analogy and I've decided that it really isn't relevant. Car insurance is only required if you drive, and only liability then, in the case that you hit someone else. Catastrophic liability. Health insurance is you and the damaged caused by your own fat ass.

But let's get back to the idea of the government taking your liberty - actually placing your ass in a cold jail cell - for not purchasing their insurance! Look how far they've gotten with this insanity!

I've said it before, I'm repeating it now. The more you let the State into your life, the more power the State has over your life. And now it will include how you choose to maintain your health. Same is true for when you choose security over liberty. Liberty is traded for 'safety' and is never given back.

Because I point out perversions and inconsistencies of justice and morality, don't confuse this with racism or misplaced trust in the corporate welfare system. I'm not anti-reform nor do I wish for sick people to die. I'm talking about freedom, liberty, and rational solutions - together -, not as a coercive force of the State.

The interview also confirmed another 'outrageous' claim I made here that the IRS would be the enforcement arm of the Health Care (Insurance) Reform Bill.

Somehow, "Give me liberty, unless there is any risk whatsoever of death" doesn't have the same ring to it.

No comments: