Jan 27, 2006

Why I love these Bears

I know that the Bears season is over (and the dynasty has yet begun) but we do have the coolest team in a long time. Here is an article from the Bears website:

" Dipping into his own pocket, Vasher will provide a fan and a guest roundtrip airline tickets, four nights in a luxury hotel and two tickets to the Pro Bowl game. The winner, who will be chosen in a random drawing Feb. 2, will also dine with the cornerback in Hawaii.

With fans accounting for one-third of the vote (along with NFL players and coaches), Vasher knows that he would have had a difficult time making the Pro Bowl without their support.

"It's just a way for me to show the fans how much I appreciate them," he said. "There's no way I could have had an opportunity to go to the Pro Bowl if it wasn't for their votes.

"It's just a way for me to get a chance to hang out with a couple of them and have a good time out there in Hawaii.

"It was really important to me to show the fans how important they are."

Bless you, Mr. Vasher. Now if I could only stomach listening to Mike North.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danger to society. I don't know if you have noticed or not but Bears are No.1 on the Colbert Reports "Threat Down". I can not believe you and your friends are touting such a radical Bear agenda. You sir, are on notice.