Nov 10, 2009

Face of Evil

Soldier's mom says Fort Hood jihadist scared her

Mom of soldier says Fort Hood doctor Nidal Malik Hasan scared her, by Joanna Molloy for the New York Daily News, November 9:
He was supposed to help her hero son - but all she saw in Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's eyes was evil.

The mom of a soldier who received psychiatric treatment from the accused Fort Hood gunman said she was frightened of the psychiatrist from the very beginning of her son's stay at Walter Reed Medical Center.

"I looked into his eyes, and he scared me," Cindy Gagnier told the Daily News. "He made some comments to me that made me feel very uncomfortable, and I don't become uncomfortable very easily."

The New York-born mother of four was at her son Christian's bedside constantly after he suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2005 while fighting in Iraq.

The young veteran, who also is dealing with posttraumatic stress disorder, spent 18 months at Walter Reed, where Hasan spent six years on staff....

Gagnier virtually lived at Walter Reed during a difficult stretch of her oldest son's care.

During that time, she recalls Hasan as "not very empathetic."

"[Hasan] said it was all right for my son to leave the hospital, but it wasn't," Gagnier said....

She doesn't buy reports that Hasan simply woke up one day and snapped.

"I don't think he flipped out," she said. "I think what he did was an act of terrorism."
Interesting. And since I'm on the religious nut/right wing side of the argument that Major Pile was a terrorist sleeper agent (Sen. Joe Lieberman and Rush Limbaugh agree with me, damn it), let's add some gasoline to the fire...

Jesus, from the sermon on the mount;
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be sound, your whole body shall be full of light.

But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness!

1 comment:

dumbledoresarmy said...

The testimony of the Customs Officer who interviewed the man who, some now believe, would have been the twentieth 9/11 hijacker...had he been let in. He was not; primarily because the Customs Officer was prepared to act.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2004/01/ill-be-back-foiled-hijacker-told-agent.html

Here's the relevant portion:

'A U.S. customs inspector praised for keeping the 20th hijacker in the 9/11 plot from getting into the country told Congress yesterday that the "hostile" Saudi gave him the creeps and vowed, "I'll be back."

'Jose Melendez-Perez told the 9/11 Commission, the panel probing the attacks on America, that he was spooked enough by the man identified only as "Al-Qahtani" to put him on a plane out of Orlando after he arrived in the U.S. from London and Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with a one-way ticket and $2,800 in cash.

'Al-Qahtani was dressed head-to-toe in black when he arrived on Aug. 4, 2001, a month before the Sept. 11 hijackings, Melendez-Perez said.

'As an interpreter grilled him about his travel plans, the "arrogant" Saudi grew visibly angry, he recalled.

"When the subject looked at me, I felt a bone-chilling, cold effect," he added.
He wondered if the Saudi was "possibly a hit man - but my wife said I've been watching too many movies." END EXCERPT.

So. Here's Melendez-Perez, U S customs inspector: "when the subject looked at me, I felt a bone-chilling, cold effect".

Now here's Cindy Gagnier, soldier's mother: "I looked into his [Hasan's] eyes, and he scared me."

I think she was seeing exactly what Melendez-Perez saw.