Aug 8, 2009

The first GI JOE Review is in...

by Roger Ebert

"G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" is a 118-minute animated film with sequences involving the faces and other body parts of human beings. It is sure to be enjoyed by those whose movie appreciation is defined by the ability to discern that moving pictures and sound are being employed to depict violence. Nevertheless, it is better than "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Whew. For a moment there I thought it was going to suck!


But then I found this...

If you've ever sat around and reenacted scenes from G.I. Joe with your toys, Paramount's viral movie is for you. The Hasbro toys star in an affectionate parody of the cartoon — right down to the public service announcement.

Paramount released The Invasion of Cobra Island as viral ad for film. It features the high-tech battles fans have always reenacted with their own toys, with added special effects, and lightly mocks some of the cartoon's conventions, such Snake Eyes' awkward silence and Cobra Commander's costume changes.

1 comment:

NeverMind said...

I have a feeling that this film with the toys was better thought out and executed than the real movie. I'm torn if I want to pay to see this. Seeing what's her face as the Baroness may be worth it. Ehh, I'll just 'google' that still image later. Yoooo Joe!!