May 24, 2009

Whatever Happened to...?

I'd like to start a new feature here at Blasphemes...

Often I think about, "Whatever happened to..." such and such a minor celebrity that touched our useless lives back in the day.

The first one that I was thinking of was John-John from Sesame Street.


John Williams III (born in New York City, circa 1970), better known to audiences as John-John, was one of the many small children who appeared on the early seasons of Sesame Street. He joined the show at the age of two, after his mother answered an open call for Sesame Street kids. "The thing that clicked, my mother told me, was that I was able to relate to the Muppets. I wasn't afraid of them," Williams said in a 1998 interview. "And I remembered every single character's name."

Though he appeared on the street segments with Mr. Hooper, Susan, and the rest, John-John's shining hour was his honest, often unpredictable, interactions with Grover, Herry Monster, and others. John-John contributed to many of the best remembered Sesame Street Muppet & Kid Moments.

As a young man, Williams joined the Air Force, and was stationed at Laughlin AFB in Texas. He made a special appearance in the 1989 TV special Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, where he reunited with Herry Monster. (link on the jump, if you really need to see it)

As of 1998, Williams and his wife resided in San Antonio with their two children, and was working on establishing himself as a Tejano singer.

6 comments:

www.soria-3d.com said...

This will not succeed in fact, that's what I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information. I was just wondering the same thing.

Anonymous said...

I believe that anyone who grew up watching Sesame St recognized little John John as a standout & became a fan. His adorable puffy cheeks are the 1st thing you remember next to his genuine intelligence! He is always considered a true success stories among the children of SS... However, little John John is not all he seems! John Bernard Williams is a CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTER! He not only served the maximum time for sexually assaulting his biological daughter, but he also carried on a sexual relationship with his step daughter of his 2nd wife, whom he also had a daughter with! The State of Tx removed the children from their home, in which he was never legally allowed to reside... John John is a disgusting sexual deviant who preys on women with children! I was appalled and heartbroken when a mutual acquaintance send me this link, and others... https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/PublicSite/
This is what John Bernard "John John" Williams did with his Sesame Street fame and money; what a waste! And NO, he wasn't a VICTIM- he VICTIMIZED!

Disillusioned Fan said...

I know John-John Williams' wife very well. He's a convicted pedophile who served time for molesting his own biological daughter at 4 yrs old, and his young step daughter from a second marriage! All that talent was truly a huge waste!

K.A. Gordon said...

I am shocked at what I am reading. My roomate and I knew John very well we thought when we were stationed together at Incirlik AFB in Turkey. He was always a gentleman who liked to party as we all had. I know work in the prison system and I work with pedophiles everyday although we call them chomos. Sometimes by the look of someone you can just tell. You know what I mean. Then there are those you cant. Its usually a white or hispanic male. Very rarely do we have black inmates who are chomos. Again I am very shocked and I will look more into this online to find out more. Unbelievable.

Ethan said...

@Disilluisioned Fan, people are denying the rumor and saying that he work as a camera man on a film in 2010 and would never have been hired if he had that background? Do you have evidence it is the same John Williams since John is the most common male first name and Williams is the 3rd most common last name?