They include reports of some Arab leaders - including the Saudi king - urging the US to attack Iran and end its nuclear weapons program.
Other concerns include the security of Pakistani nuclear material that could be used to make an atomic weapon.
The widespread use of hacking by the Chinese government is also reported.
The leaked US embassy cables also reportedly include accounts of:
- Corruption within the Afghan government, with concerns heightened when a senior official was found to be carrying more than $50m in cash on a foreign trip.
- Bargaining to empty the Guantanamo Bay prison camp - including Slovenian diplomats being told to take in a freed prisoner if they wanted to secure a meeting with President Barack Obama.
- The extraordinarily close relationship between Russian PM Vladimir Putin and his Italian counterpart Silvio Berlusconi.
- Alleged links between the Russian government and organized crime.
- American and South Korean officials' discussions about the prospects for a unified Korea should North Korea collapse as a viable state.
- Sharply critical accounts of UK military operations in Afghanistan.
The leaks do not tell the Iranians anything they did not suspect, maybe, have already figured out on their own. If anything, this opens up more discussion on the Iranian nuclear threat, and whether the US or the Israelis will have a green light to be the policeman of the Middle East.
Sure the leaks are embarrassing for the Americans, and will infuriate Arab leaders whose remarks have been quoted. But, they're out there now....
Despite the By DDoS Attack Just as Its Newest Leak is Leaked Early.