Mar 12, 2010

Toby Burnt the Baccon

Toby Elles, 22, made the discovery after burning the food when he fell asleep while cooking.

After lifting off the scorched bacon Mr Elles, from Salford, Lancs, could not believe his eyes when the Christlike image stared back at him.
The face is complete with eyes, nose, a beard and is framed by long flowing hair.

Mr Elles, a cashier for Halifax Bank, said: "I fell asleep cooking some bacon and it had burned this face onto the pan, it's some kind of miracle.
"If it wasn't for the smoke of the bacon burning this onto the pan it could have been a very bad situation, perhaps someone's looking over me.

My housemates and I had a few beers earlier in the evening I thought I would snack before going to bed and as it was cooking I decided to take a rest on the couch.

When I woke up about an hour later the room was full of smoke.
Luckily we have an electric hob [a wut?] so I just turned off the heat, but then I lifted up the bacon and there was JC looking back at me. I'm not going to scrub it clean though, just in case I get struck by lightning, it's going to take pride of place on a wall instead.

It's become quite a talking point for people who come round to the house and I have even thought I might get a glass cabinet to put it in.

I'm going to keep it for the rest of my life, perhaps it can watch over me.
Hopefully he'll keep it to be a reminder to never burn the bacon again, Toby.

No comments: