Apr 14, 2009

Toystore Recon

I'm maybe a bit younger then most readers on here, but I was old enough to cry when Optimus Prime died on the silver screen. I remember Duke going into one of his many, many comas on both tv and the film. However, I was in a national toy store the other day just looking around at stuff I couldn't even identify as fun or not (most based on Japanese seizure cartoons). But, I did see that almost every piece of GI Joe stuff for sale is the exact same stuff we had when we were 12 and under. I have a theory about this. Is it because the current marketing/advertising staffs at Hasbro and others the same people that played with this stuff as kids? Are they old enough now to influence the toy market and say, "I want my kid to play with the same Cobra Rattler and Sky Stryker that I had at their age." Look around at these stores. They're probably from the same molds! Is this another way for people our age to reminisce or some other way of getting in touch with the inner child? Go out and see what I'm talking about.

No comments: