Apr 1, 2009

Olympic Chicago 2016?

Chicago will try it's best to showcase her corruption and greed on a global scale by hosting the 2016 Summer Games. The International Olympic Committee evaluation commission visit that begins today. I expect many comedic errors and goof ups that will cost Chicago it's bid.

A major misstep during the highly structured six-day visit — protests, which the IOC has come to expect, are not a significant stumble — but there could be enough fallout to guarantee defeat.

"I don't think there is an 'aha!' moment when you win," Chicago 2016 Chairman Patrick Ryan said, "but you could screw it up."

There are many chances that they will screw it up. There have been no dry runs, like the way London did on their 2012 bid, and there are many protests planned well within view of the visiting committee. Including the Chicago Police Department, who is angry at Richie.
From a CPD patrolman... I am so sick and tired of this place... Take everything from me... go ahead, city of chicago... i am nothing but a lowly patrolman... you have won... I am tired of this fight... I am tired of the constant battle... you will get nothing from me any more.. I am done... And if I can find another department far far away from here that is willing to take this soul on, I will forever release you from your burden! I was once a fired up, ready to do some good, man amongst men proud to call myself a Chicago Policeman... I am but a shell of my old self... I have been tied up in this stupid f' ing game too long... F ** k this City... let it burn! Let its citizens rot... This department can was once a proud organization... It has been beaten down... We put our lives on the line every day... Somehow that has been left out of the articles... This fact has been met with a resounding "IT IS YOUR JOB... IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET A NEW JOB" chorus... I am tired of this battle... I am tired of this rhetoric... even our Mayor has adopted this line... And that is not right... We have had our mess ups... what profession has not? No one from AIG, Citi Bank, JP Morgan Chase, GM, Chrysler or Ford has been killed while doing their job, yet they are the ones getting bailed out! Think about it, people... When 9/11 hit, it was not investment bankers running into those buildings! Mortgage brokers did not run in knowing they were leaving loved ones behind... First responders did... When Rick Francis responded to a bus disturbance, and his life ended so abruptly for doing so, not one mortgage banker stood up and said "THESE GUYS DESERVE A CONTRACT!" And all of this happened while times were good... The economy was a+ Did we get a raise??? No Did we get a bonus? NO we get chuck goudie telling us we have a buried treasure and a mayor who says we get paid too much... to he ll with this city to he ll with these citizens... no contact no complaint... you get what you pay for... I AM DONE!!! Next time you call for the police, just remember... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Like so many others out there, I don't like my job, but I like my paycheck... And too bad, thats all I am here for anymore! I hope the citizens like what they get, because it is a common cry amongst the CPD... like it or not, you have what you have asked for! ENJOY!
Expect this cop and his disgruntled fellow officers to be in rare form in front of the committee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And these cops come from one of only two states that do not allow concealed carry? Wow! Its already been proclaimed that police are not here to protect your life, only to enforce laws. God I'm glad I have a permit, live in a state that I can exercise my rights...and I don't live there! Praise God!!