Dec 28, 2008

Santa Psycho Killer

Have you read or seen anything about the story of the unemployed guy who killed a whole bunch of people on Christmas Eve? They've dubbed him the "Santa Killer"

I figured it's time to learn about it... it just didn't sound random - as I was sure that he knew those people, and that there would be some sort of domestic situation to tie into it.

Here's what I've learned about Bruce Jeffrey Pardo's story and why he went on a rampage.
He had a brain-damaged son - that he abandoned as a toddler - a beloved dog that he had just lost in a divorce - and a murder plan gone awry.

On Christmas Eve, a week after his divorce from his wife, Sylvia Pardo, was finalized, Pardo went to his in-laws' house with a gun and a fuel-spraying device. The Los Angeles Times has most of the details of what motivated his crime, how he planned to kill and torch his ex-wife's family, and how his escape went wrong:

Okay, deep breath. This was over the dog. He had no problem allowing his 13 month old to fall into a pool and then abandoning the kid afterwards... but he just couldn't live without that dog.

And before anybody makes a snarky comment about blowing away your in-laws at Christmas (oops, I just think I did) I'll quote Jack Nicholson as the Joker in 1989's Batman. "You are vicious bastard, Rottelli. [strangles him] And I'm glad you're dead!"

No comments: