Oct 13, 2008

Bears and Couches

So I watched, fell asleep, then woke up in time to watch the Chicago Bears FAIL in spectacular fashion.

Like Wanstach before him, Louvie and the boys in the booth are showing spectacular fail just within inches and more importantly SECONDS before victory.

The Bears didn't fall asleep - as Louvie has repeated again and again to the Chicago Sports Media - Louvie is terrible at clock management. End of discussion.

This one event has pissed me off all day yesterday, and into today.
Maybe it's because we're shopping for couches too. Yeah, that probably has something to do with it.

My wife found a great one yesterday. Part of the John Elway collection...
Old No. 7 used to have a cannon for a right arm, but can he inspire me to buy a cushy recliner? The Elway Home Collection is the kind of couch where you just melt into the damn thing. I have learned that these couches are in the ESPN Zone, in each restaurant's screening room.

The funny part is - she fell in love with it. I was a little hesitant. It's leather - which is awesome, looks and smells like a football, but the price tag is -- hell, I think I could buy a couple houses with that down payment!

Also, and this is the part that hurts so much, the ottoman - foot rest part - is not part of the ginormous price tag. Those are sold separately. That pisses me off. Same with those pillows in the picture. Plus, this thing is so freaking huge, I do not think it will fit through my door. Really, it's super huge and bends at the center. Not likely that's getting in any of my doorways.

So, now I have more couch shopping to do. Which does not thrill me at all.

No comments: