Oct 7, 2008

Baseball Nostalgia

Sox are out. Angels are out too.

I was getting nostalgic for baseball already... thinking about time long past...
which got me thinking about The Baseball Bunch.


The Kool Aid man is absolutely classic.

Then there's Tom Seaver on the Baseball Bunch...



And the Chicken getting smacked in the balls...


I remember the second half after the break featured a skit called "The Dugout Wizard" (played by Tommy Lasorda)... and in my research, there was a classic story of Yankees outfielder Lou Piniella's playing career ending in 1984 when he injured his rotator cuff on the show while being pitched to by The San Diego Chicken.

However, Ted Giannoulas, the man inside the Chicken suit, in a 2007 podcast interview said the Piniella story was a "really big fable": "I read that on something called Wikipedia and I couldn't believe it. I laughed out loud. Lou Piniella was never injured in the making of The Baseball Bunch."

No comments: