Jul 11, 2008

Jumping the Mouse

A little explanation for non-Chicagoans or non-sports fans before I get going. Chicago Bulls were terrible for many years after the Jordan era (not that they are so good now) so they increased the non-basketball entertainment in order to draw more fans. These items included unicyclists, contortionists, amusing videos, the Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" guys, and an assortment of other acts that would make Ed Sullivan proud. One of the was an act called the Matadors.

The Matadors are obscenely obese and unhealthy superfans that do a cheerleading number in between quarters. It is funny for about 30 seconds. The act takes about 2 minutes. I think it is in hopes that the inevitable heart attack that will occur will make the players win one for Bubba.

Anyway, it looks like the Disney corporation has written a movie called the Matadors about superfans (yet to see how fat they are film-wise) that cheerlead for a sports team. It is not known if it is about the actual Matadors or even the Bulls but I hope it is. It would be more likely if Chris Farley was still alive.

I need to teach my child how funny and lovable it is to get real fat and then dance. And if I need some catchy tunes and G-rated comedy to drive that point home a little better for me.

I would also like the re-release of Song of the South on Blu-Ray so that I can teach her all about black people and how they live their lives. I believe it is important for a child to be well versed in all of America's cultural options.

No comments: