Jun 23, 2008

Cubby Kool Aid

Okay.

I think I'm ready.

Make sure it's got extra sugar.

And not the High Fructose Corn Syrup - I'm trying to cut that out.

Nope, not blue enough.

Okay. (Deep Breath)

I think I'm ready to drink the Kool Aid.

Why now? 14 wins at home. They out-played, out-smarted- hell they beat the snot out of the first place Sox. Pitching. Batting. Pitching. Fielding. Pitching. All capped off by Dempster's incredible outing... and ESPN coverage that made it look like some kind of - dare I say - playoff game.
"If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best," Ozzy Guillen.
They have definitely made the case that they are the best, and unlike last year, the numbers aren't lying. And before you say that the Sox didn't have their "full strength team" on the field - neither did the Cubs... that's what's made me re-think my position of doubt and despair as a Cubs fan. (which is exactly the trap that everyone else falls into every stinkin' year!)

Pitching. The Pitching.... and without Z.
"Coming off the field, it's really special," Dempster said. "When you dream of coming to Wrigley Field and being a Cub, that's the kind of feeling you dream about.

"It's amazing, and we just want to keep it going."
Let me see that cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Sucker!