Apr 17, 2008

Romney; Needs more Osmonds

At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":

10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”

Heh heh... he's so funny. Actually, see all those pop shots at the other two candidates and people across the isle?

I liked my top ten reasons better...
Cap'n's Reasons why Mitt Lost:


1. He looks like a salt n' peppered Ken doll.
2. His support of the war.
3. His kids are of fighting age, and they're not fighting the war that he supports. If even ONE of them served, it would be a whole different story.
4. He was hated in Massachusetts - especially when he kept calling it "Liberal land" and "Taxachusetts."
5. Kept taking credit for turning around the Utah Winter Olympics, when he came into it late and it had already turned itself around. Least, that's what people told me.
6. Should have stopped saying things like, "we need to inject more religion into the government," and then following it up later in the same speech with, "Jihadists will never accept Democracy because there is too much religion in their government."
7. Should have bought Mike Huckabee a bus ticket back to Arkansas, instead he ignored him and it split his support in half allowing John McCain to kick his butt. (agreeing with Time)
8. He kept talking about his business experience - which made me wonder why he thought that the government would do business better than a businessman? Got all that? Me neither, that's why it never connected with anyone, including Republicans.
9. Was passionate about his campaign, in his last speech.
10. Not enough Osmonds. (actually I said "He's a Mormon. There. I said it. Out.")

That picture didn't help too much either...

No comments: