Apr 4, 2008

Obama Waffles

Sen. Obama has made a reversal of a stance he previously held, three months ago.

Barack Obama is embracing anti-gun policies in the run-up to a Democratic presidential debate scheduled on the one-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings.

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

That's a flip-flop. He was for weapons in Iowa - and now against them in Pennsylvania. Silly me, I keep track of these things.

I wonder how he would stand on the issue if his Secret Service detail had to surrender their concealed weapons? Oh, they'll still be armed with pepper spray and stern looks - but I wonder if he might rethink the issue if it were more personal?

No comments: