Mar 18, 2008

Dune it again

As I warned a couple months ago, Peter Berg will, in fact, direct the second film adaptation of Dune (David Lynch did the first back in ’84) for Paramount.

The original 1965 novel centers on a remote desert planet called Arakis, which is the sole provider of the universally loved spice fuel Melange. A power struggle ensues over who will control the spice. Berg follows David Lynch, who directed the 1984 original. The property was also turned into a 2000 Sci Fi Channel miniseries that starred William Hurt. [MovieWeb]

Peter Berg most recently directed The Kingdom, which was compared to trying to watch a movie with a vibrator stuck on your forehead. I might actually avoid that for the rest of my life.

Meanwhile, the only version of Dune I need is this one...



oh, it's kinda' NSFW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could they ever find anyone who could top Sting in the original?

I WILL KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!