Feb 11, 2008

Hillary Frigidaire

In the 60 Minutes interview with the Hill, Katie Couric cooed a useless set of softballs in her one-on-one interview. There were a couple keepers in there though:
COURIC: What were you like in high school? Were you the girl in the front row taking meticulous notes and always raising your hand?

CLINTON: Not always raising my hand, not only raising my hand.

COURIC: Someone told me your nickname in school was Miss Frigidaire. Is that true?

CLINTON: Only with some boys. [laughs]

COURIC, GIGGLING: I don't know if I want to hear the back story on that!

CLINTON: Well, you wouldn't want to know the boys either. [bursts out laughing]

Couric did gently challenge Clinton a few times, for example wondering “Why are you so often seen as polarizing?” and when Clinton complained about the 400 billion deficit projected in President Bush's new budget, Couric pounced: “A deficit that's been caused largely by a war that you authorized.”

Nice zinger there Kate... but I thought this would be funnier:

Katie: "I just love what you've done with your hair!"

Hillary: "And I just love what you've done to your network!"

Katie: "So... boxers or briefs?"

No comments: