Feb 23, 2008

Campaign Uniforms

Faithful reader J from Chi has sent me a delightful link to some new products for the Baseball Season. Specifically Sen. Obama. They're obviously trying to ride the wave of Obama-rama. Why not make a couple bucks at the same time?

They have created a couple logos on shirts to mimic MLB Baseball teams, with Obama's name AS the logo. It's funny in a 1993 Rave poster kind of way. They've got Boston, NY Mets, and Philly - but I think J would like this one the best.

In all fairness, I don't want to stand out promoting only one team here... so here's a baseball uniform that I think represents John McCain's candidacy appropriately...

If you don't get the gag, you should click on the picture...

As for team Hillary - I think the easiest way to exemplify her, the easy joke would be to take a screen cap of League of her Own - call it team Nutcrackers... that would be fine if I was just going to play up her tough, aggressive style... but I'd be missing the huge element of the legacy of her husband Bill.

So I came up with this:


Yeah, that is Sen. Obama throwing out the first pitch at a White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE.

I want to know where that girl plays hockey, and if her team mates are equally as hot.
Finally! A reason to like snow again.

PS why no caps in the name/id space?