Jan 29, 2008

Goodbye Rudy Tuesday

Rudy wants you all to know to, "Remain calm. All is well!" (listen)

It looks safe to say that Rudy's "Screw the Small States, I'm Going to Get a Tan" strategy hasn't worked out too well for him. He might have wanted to try that in New Hampshire, only because the state wasn't a winner take all contest.

Eh, 20/20. Hindsight. All that rot.

My guess is that he might stay in the contest, but after a poor showing on SuperDuper Tuesday he'll be talking about his 'options'. These options will be who gets his couple of delegates, and whether he will be in competition with Fred Thompson for the VeeP spot.

I know it's not over yet, but I blew this one. I kept my eye on the National polls which had Rudy losing the first couple contests, but winning the GOP nod, and then beating the tar out of the Hill in the General. Guess we were both looking at the same data. I also had him picking Newt Gingrich as his VeeP - mostly to haul in the side of the party that didn't like Rudy.

Looks like they're going to need a bigger net.

It's been a crazy month, to say the least. Now we're talking about Old Man McCain or the Mitt from Mich, who governed Mass. Other than the hair, are there major differences? McCain is hated by his party, and Romney is hated by the voters. Again, what's the differences?

Oh, yeah, Hucklebee - but he's almost out of cash. That doesn't play well with the blue blood of the GOP.

To compare McCain or Romney - well, policy wise, it's kind of muddy there. And if you're comparing McCain and Clinton, hell, they're practically the same person. So if it's a personality contest, go John-boy.

I guess I'm kind of bummed because I had Rudy picked as the winner all along - it's kind of like following the pre-season, not seeing a lot of injuries, getting excited, but by that third game of the regular season, knowing that the Bears had no chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

And let me clear this up - I didn't pick Rudy because I like him - I picked him because he said 9/11 a couple million times and I thought he would beat the Hill in the final game. But it looks like Obama is making the playoffs a lot harder for her than she anticipated. Kind of like how the Patriots were almost unseated by the Chargers back-up team two weekends ago.

SuperDuper Tuesday is coming up. Be sure you're registered. And if you're in Illinois, be sure to vote early, vote often.

No comments: