Nov 21, 2007

Turkey


It's almost Turkey day, dear Blasphemes reader. And I've got the flu. This happened to me once before. Only that time, I had mono. I'm pretty sure they both suck since I won't be eating. On the bright side, I doubt I'll have to hang with the in-laws. Minor consolation. With any luck, there will be a James Bond marathon on Spike or something? One can hope. Guess it'll be time to finally break into that DVD collection. Godfather or Lord of the Rings? Hell, I could probably get them both in. Anyhow - here's some stuff I've been holding onto to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Lame Duck pardons Turkey, or "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

I don't know any Indians who would want that. Not even Asian Indians. Asian Indians? Yeah, that came up at a corporate meeting. Didn't know how to respond, especially since Indians from India were always Indians. And to use 'Asian' Indians suggests that Native Americans isn't the preferred nomenclature. I decided to keep my mouth shut and let that racist time bomb go off in their seat. Ironically, the issue was created by an African American.

Look at those smiles on Sesame Street. God, how would you brine that Big Bird? In a swimming pool?

Yeah, it's another kitchy frozen Turkey dinner picture. It's probably what I'll be having... on Saturday. Ugh. On the bright side I don't have travel plans or much work this week. That and since this Turkey Day travel will be the busiest ever. Just like last year and every year before that. Yeah, thank God I'm not traveling. Oh, and Snow is predicted in Chicago. That'll make some interesting Thanksgiving travels around the country. (link to Turkey Day Travel)

No comments: