Nov 14, 2007

Shake the Bear

I'm on the job the other day, and this guy - whom I hardly know - tells me that "I gotta see this..."

Whenever you're given this statement - you really have to question things and raise, at the very least raise the yellow flag. I did not.

"Shake the Bear? Ever seen it?" he asked in a hushed whisper.

"No, what is it?"

"Viral. You gotta' see it."

There was a computer on the boardroom table. The laptop had internet access. The guy asked around to see if he could use the internet. Specifically, if it was on the company's servers, or if it was on someone's Wi-Fi card or something. A yellow flag. Probably inappropriate for office viewing? Perhaps, because so many companies restrict streaming video, he wanted to see if his time would be wasted looking something up. Maybe he was just being polite to see if he could borrow this particular laptop?

Access was granted, and the laptop was personal, and free of corporate IT oppression.

Others gathered around the table. He typed in "Shake the Bear."

The first results were for "Shake THAT Bear."

"No - that is not it."

More typing.

People were interested. Lot of build up now.

Then it happened.

I'm not going to link it, I'm not going to tell you to Google it, I'm not going to tell you anything about it, other than it is absolutely NSFW - that is, Not Safe For Work.

It will also, probably, make you go to hell. A part of your soul will go away. It will make you feel less of a human being afterwards.

At least I took the time to warn you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you probably just did more to peak anyone's curiosity than if you just not mentioned it. This is like parenting, the kid will do it just because you said not to.

What will be left of my soul thanks you.

Capn said...

I win

Anonymous said...

I just watched it and wow.
lol White people get away with anything.

Anonymous said...

What exactly is it that these "white people" are getting away with? Bear hunting is legal last time I checked, as is sex. Not that the combination isn't kinda perverse, but god, bringing race into this wins you the internet retard award.

Anyway, I think it was overhyped. I like animals probably more than the average person, but bears are killed every day, and I don't see how the sex makes it that much worse. It's not like they're fucking the bear. There is much worse stuff than this out there, trust me.