Nov 29, 2007

I said I need a Spin Doctor in here! Stat!

Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson are leading in South Carolina, so what do they do? Criticize the South's favorite flag of treasonous rebellion...

"I know that everybody who hangs the flag up in their room like that is not racist," said Thompson, who has played up his southern roots while campaigning in South Carolina. "I also know that for a great many Americans it's a symbol of racism."

Thompson added that, "as far as a public place is concerned, I am glad that people have made the decision not to display it as a prominent flag, symbolic of something, at a state capitol."

Except in South Carolina... Ah the McCain mis-step. Not a dance card you want to accept.

Is it me or is Fred Thompson just winging it out there? Is he even a serious contender anymore? Maybe he was better off on that day job -- that's shut down for the strike... hmmm... guess he didn't have anything better to do after all. Nevermind, carry on.

My only comment is that if you were a better politician, you would have seen this coming - and not stepped in it. It's a "Have you stopped beating your wife?" kind of question.

No comments: