Oct 9, 2007

Mock Mood

I'll grant the following caveat: On a scale of one to five, the attention that I've paid to Iranian President Mahmoud "Ahh, My Dean of Jihaad" Ahmadinejad rates about a two. Perhaps that's because --competing as he does with the Ayatollah Khamenei (The Holy Shi'ite)-- that seems to be the amount of respect accorded him by his own people. Or so I've been told.

Or so I've been told.

I've been told a lot of things about Moody. (Hey, if our Great National Embarrassment, George W. "The Smirking Marionette" Bush --whose approval ratings are even lower than those of Ahmadinejad-- can go to a European summit and publicly call Russian President Vladimir Putin "Vladdy," then I can call the Iranian president "Moody," dammit.) I've been told a lot of things about Moody...

I've been told...

I've been told, for instance, that he denies the Holocaust. I've been told that a lot. Funny thing, though: I hear a lot of people say he denies the Holocaust; I've yet to actually hear him say it. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying he never said it; just that I've never heard him say it. What I have heard him say about the Holocaust --on two separate occasions on which I was listening rather closely-- was this: "It didn't happen here."

I'm paraphrasing a bit, of course, and, unfortunately, he didn't elaborate on what he meant. Perhaps he felt he didn't have to. Pity, really, that he does have to...

Had he elaborated, he may have pointed out that it was the Nazis --not anyone in the Arab world-- who engaged in the attempted systematic destruction of the Jewish race before and during World War Two. (Race and religion go hand-in-hand, here. If you don't believe me, read The Book of Esther.) Moody may further have pointed out that, consequently, it was patently unfair of the Western Powers --in particular, Great Britain and the United States-- to push aside millions of Arabs in order to first create the nation of Israel in the late 1940s and then prop them up for the ensuing sixty years simply because they (we) felt sorry for the Jews-- not sorry enough, mind you, to let them live in their (our) own back yard... but sorry for them, sort of.

Ahh, My Dean of Jihaad is right: That was patently unfair. And sixty years may be a long time... but it still rankles.

That was just one of the things Representative Ron Paul was alluding to when he walked into that lion's den of a Republican presidential debate in South Carolina and (paraphrasing again) said, "They don't hate us for our freedoms; they hate us for our foreign policy," prompting the following response from Rudy "Almost As Dumb As Bush" Giuliani: "That's extraordinary."

I think it's important to note that Rudy never said Ron Paul was wrong-- just that he was "extraordinary."

------------------------------
P.S.... Bud "Ahh, My Enabler of Steroid Use" Selig must go.

No comments: