Oct 25, 2007

Flamewar continues, takes out San Diego

San Diego is about to lose their final electrical connection to the city, which mimics exactly what happened the last time I played SIM CITY 2000!

I remember that I dispatched all my fire crews to put out the fire, but it was too late, all my electrical wires burnt up and the whole damn city blanked.

Mass chaos, rioting in the streets. Dogs and Cats - you know the quotes, fan boy. Luckily the black clouds of burning asbestos kept the populous in check. Otherwise there would have been a run on the liquor and ammunition stores! The SimNationalGuard was on duty holding down SimSomalia at the time, so they were no help. And since they're not really trained for that kind of work, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway. All my environmentally conscious activists all ditched town too. You'd think they'd have volunteered to help save the trees, I mean, since they loved the forest so much?

Well, at least my levies held. I spent extra on those and had them built by my local cronies rather than opting for SimFederal money and the SimArmyCorps of Engineers.

The refugees were put into my stadium that I had JUST built. Man, that really burnt me up. There was even a game scheduled that weekend.

The part I remember after the fires were contained was how the advisers and populace complained, no matter what I did. If I built a hospital - they wanted a school. If I repaired a road, they wanted more rail lines. It was like it was rigged or something for me to fail?

Anyhow, it seems that if you comment on Blasphemes, you get a whole article now. So be sure to hit that comments button folks - before you know it you'll get your own blog!

1 comment:

One F said...

You will be heard. And if your post is good, I have no beef putting it up. If you would like a post that is not through the comments, mail it to Howard and see what he does with it.