Oct 3, 2007

BUSH KILLS CHILDREN...

...'s Health Bill. You wouldn't know that the reason that he vetoed the bill (only his forth in 6 years) was a bloated mess that was sent to him from Congress. More likely than not, as a tactic for him to look like - well - a Jerk. (note the funny picture)

"Poor kids first," Bush said Wednesday at Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Republican friendly Pennsylvania Dutch country. "Secondly, I believe in private medicine, not the federal government running the health care system."

Since the Federal Government cannot even build a wall between Mexico and Texas without using illegal Mexican workers, or, issue passports after making them mandatory, five years ago... I gotta say I agree with you Mr. President.

He also stated that he is "more than willing" to negotiate with lawmakers "if they need a little more money in the bill to help us meet the objective of getting help for poor children." He mentions "poor children" a couple times... why is that?

The program is a joint state-federal effort that subsidizes health coverage for 6.6 million people, mostly children, from families that earn too much to qualify for Medicaid but not enough to afford their own private coverage.

But what they're not telling you, is that the bill he vetoed would have expanded that coverage to 'children' up to 25 years old. And the poor as making up to $82,000 a year! I gotta tell you, the idea that I will be paying for the college drop out living in his mother's basement's health care coverage really, really, really makes me support his veto.

As it is, I'm already supporting Todd Stroger and his family, and the Cook County board - and they're thanking me by raising my sales tax to 11%. Plus The Pharaoh will be raising my real estate tax (again) to cover his 'budget shortfall'. I love sending my money to people who can't balance a checkbook. It's like the opposite of how my bank works. If I overdraw, I owe more money in fees for failing. When Cook County or the City overdraw, they charge me more money for their failure. It's a win-win for everyone... except me.

So thank you, Mr. President. Thank you for keeping another mouth off my payroll... if for just two years.

No comments: