Sep 12, 2007

Let's Play Nice

I would like to begin by apologizing to the readers of the blog about our mini-blowup yesterday. It's not my style to apologize normally; nor is it my style to try to mitigate the damage folks create when they rant. In fact, I love it. At some point yesterday, I got a very angry email (which I did not fully comprehend) from Howard claiming that we are some kind of "demonic censors who are afraid to hear the truth." I agree that once something is written here it kinda stays. You live with your mistakes. That's the fun and danger of posting to a blog. I assume that the header is what set Howard off and the new one should be much easier on his constitution (assuming he believes in Constitutions) to make a nicer header that would fill him with happy thoughts as he posts.

Another not nice item today is the New England Patriots. Unfortunately, they are in the NFL. I say this because commissioner Roger Goodell is not Bud Selig. The Patriots were caught videotaping signal calls from the sidelines. This is illegal. If you would like to steal signs in the NFL you need to do it the old fashion way, watching the other team's sidelines instead of your own for the whole game.

They are cold busted by one of their own former coaches who now is working for the NY Jets. Now it will be up to Goodell to deem an appropriate punishment. One might say that it is up to the dog to decide Michael Vick's fate. Goodell is not gentle.

It is suspected that he will take away some draft picks. I say, not good enough. This is the punishment I expect. They forfeit the game they were caught cheating with. No first day draft picks for 2008. No first round draft picks for 2009. I think that this would prevent any future cheating. Don't you?

Update: This is one funny ass board. The Patriot fans are saying that all is cool with this (as in "everybody does it"). My favorite was the poster that claims that the NFL just wants "parody in the league." Everyone else is working them into a lather. Good times.

1 comment: