Sep 29, 2007

Cub$ buy a playoff spot

I can't believe I beat everyone to the board here this afternoon...

I watched the champagne and congratulations being spilled on the Red's visitor's locker room last night.

Everyone was so happy.

Ron Santo came in and hogged the camera - and kissed Kerry Wood.

Everyone was so very, very happy.

However - they backed into the playoff spot. Winning the NL Central this year was akin to winning the Special Olympics. They do not match up well to the other (potential) playoff contenders. And I'm supposed to be excited.

I've been there.
And like any bad relationship - you give and give and give, and eventually, one day - you'll sit there and realize that you haven't gotten anything back. It's similar to viewing pr0n without anyone taking off their clothes. Everyone gets hot and bothered, heart rates rise, but at the end of it, I never saw anything.

Pardon me for NOT running out with the mob at Clark and Addison again. See, I've done that two times already. And really, let me sum up what you think you're missing. You get there. You jump around for a minute. Scream 'Go Cubs'. Then you realize that everyone there is just taking pictures of everyone else. The only difference from last night over 2003, is that this time the Chads and Trixies were taking pictures with their iPhones instead of their RAZR's.

Hey man, in the playoffs anything can happen.
You say, look at the Cards last year, right?

I know that girl,
she hasn't put out in 99 years.
Sure,
I know,
this time it's different.

Yeah, you're in love.

Good luck with that.

2 comments:

Killre said...

Go Diamondbacks!

Anonymous said...

Bite your forked tongue.