Aug 9, 2007

Open Letter to at&t/Yahoo mail


For the amount of money I'm paying for my Professional DSL service - my Yahoo page and my email pages are now full of, not only ads - but flashing annoying ads - like the Wal Mart coupon ad that is generating this letter.

How much MORE do I have to pay to NOT see these annoying ads? I'd THINK that over $70.00 per month for high speed DSL and a phone I never use would insulate me from these horrible ads all over everything.

And, here's an opportunity that you (Att/Yahoo) are wasting -- you could have pinpoint accuracy of my profile, what I eat, what I wear, what car I'm looking for based just on the demographics you already have of me -- and instead you put these awful, terrible ads that annoy me, and for products I'll never, ever, ever use.

Shame on you all. You're no better than AOL.
Please forward to at&t CEO Randall Stephenson and also Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, isn't it? That's how I tap into your computer. See, no one would allow me to just look. So we created web ad spying (TM) which we pay more powerful people than you to place and , viola, I see it all!

(Sorry about the French)